Ask a Urologist   »  

Tight foreskin of penis, penis head not exposed when erect, flaccid state, wants to do surgery. Effects on sexual life ?

Urologist
Question
I am a 27 year old male. My query is about the foreskin of penis. When in the erected state the head of the penis is not exposed, similar is case the when the penis is in flaccid state. However when i pull the skin back either during flaccid or erected state i dont have much problem. Its just that during the erected state the glans are not exposed and they are sensitive to touch. Below are my queries related to this problem:

1) Is this is a serious problem?
2) Is it a problem of excess foreskin or tight foreskin?
3) I am soon to be married. Will this have any negative effects on my sexual life?
4) Can this be treated without surgery. As the idea of surgery scares me.

THanks in advance for your help.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 6 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

You seem to be having tight foreskin .Well , its not a serious problem and correctable.Also will usually not have any serious effects on sexual life but your problem should certainly be rectified prior to your wedding.

Trial of interventions under the care of urologist should be done once the diagnosis is confirmed.
There are both conservative and surgical methods of correction , the choice depends on the degree of the tightness and any other findings on examination.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.