Tight achilles tendons, knots in calf muscles. Have stopped exercising. Is it tight nerves or muscles?

Hello, i'm 31 year old male and have been weightlifting for years, i started boxing and doing more cardio,running, jump rope, bag punching. now I wake up with tight achilles tendons with tight knotts in my calf muscles. I stopped all exercising for a month now and still have tightness in my calves. Is it tight nerves or muscles? How can I speed recovery?
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic!
Nerves do not make knots neither the muscles but some parasitic infections are known to produce them.
They can be produced in gout.
A varicose vein can also present similar way.
Best way is to get a physical examination by your physician, a Doppler of legs and local ultrasonography of the biggest knot to give a clue.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!