Tickling in buttocks, vaginal itching. Taken Pin-X and OTC yeast medication. What could it be?

Good

Psychiatrist
Question
I go to sleep fine every night, but I wake up between 12:30 & 2:30 with a tickling feeling in my butt & vaginal itching. I took 2 doses of Pin-X already & also OTC yeast medication. What could it be? Should I take more Pin-X? I'm exhausted & I dread the night because of the terrible tickle.
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 2 hours later
Hi

One possibility may be "sensory phenomena of complex partial seizure"

The other possibility may be "autonomic phenomena of Night terror"

I do not see any reason to continue Pin-x further

Do you consume any drugs ?

I am available for further discussion

Follow-up: Tickling in buttocks, vaginal itching. Taken Pin-X and OTC yeast medication. What could it be? 2 hours later
Drugs? No....except for the supplements I listed.

I have tried Unisom, Benadryl & Melatinon

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 4 hours later
If complex partial seizure disorder is reasonably ruled out by a nerology consultation, low dose benzodiazepine or low dose non-benzodiazepine sedative like Zolpidem may be tried.

Wish you a good sleep

Follow-up: Tickling in buttocks, vaginal itching. Taken Pin-X and OTC yeast medication. What could it be? 11 days later
While I am waiting for a neuro consult do you have any suggestions on how I can get some sleep?

Its nice to hear from you after a long time. Alternatively, a non benzodiazepines like trazodone can help in sleep. Since these are prescription drugs, I would suggest you see your general physician for the same.Other foods which are XXXXXXX in tryptophan like milk etc can also help. In addition, chamomile tea will also help in relaxing you.

Wish you good health