Thyroid test showed little nodule on thyroid. What does this mean?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hello, this is concerning my thyroid.

First here is my blood work:
-TSH 0.27 on 04/22/2013
-THS 0.25, T3 uptake 27, T4 (thyroxine) 10.5
Free T4 index (T7), thyroid peroxidase antibodies <10 on 04/24/2013
-THS 0.25, T4 FREE 1.1 on 05/02/2013
-THS 0.25 on 05/09/2013
-ultrasound of thyroid showed little nodule on thyroid

Exams pending are:
Thyroid scan to RO graves
Adrenal insuffincecie

What does this mean? I know that it's hyperthyroid but is it mild? Can this results cause me symptoms of hyperthyroid even if the results show a mild case of hyperthyroid? Can I have graves?
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 5 days later

These findings are slightly abnormal or even normal regarding to some laboratories. This isn't significant for Graves disease. There is a possibility that this is the beginning of autoimmune thyroid disorder so findings aren't reliable, but it can be evaluated only if you repeat tests in a bit longer periods. So repeat tests in 6-8 weeks and then we can see is there a progression.

Also this shouldn't cause any symptoms of hyperthyroid so try to find another cause of your symptoms if you have it. Check your steroid hormones estrogen, progesterone and cortisol.

Some heart and lungs benign diseases, even simple gastritis can cause thyroid-like symptoms in young women.

So do these tests you are waiting for and if this is negative and repeated findings are the same, then it isn't Graves for sure. Then you can do further tests or wait and see will your symptoms progress and change.

Wish you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help you.