Thyroid surgery done. Feeling tired, lack of sleep and persistent cough. Taking levo. Normal?

Had my thyroid surgery 4 days ago it was an easy surgery and because the nodule small they feel they got all the cancer. My question is I'm so tired but I don't sleep. I'm on 50 mg levo. Is this normal. Also my throat doesn't really hurt but still cough a lot especially after eating again is that normal
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 days later

I am glad that the surgery was easy and successful. It has just been 4 days since the surgery.

You are bound to have the tiresome feeling, lack of sleep and the persistent cough. It should all clear up in 2 weeks time.

Yes, they are both normal. Get well soon.