Thyroid report showed cyst, nodule and goiter. Prognosis?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have had pictures taken of my thyroid and the following is there. I have a cyst, nodule, and goiter. My hair is over half fallen out. Many of the things listed on the internet. What kind of trouble am I in. My primary doctor will not send me to a specialist. I have had this over a yr. Help.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
There is no any trouble if you dont ignore this and start treatment with adequate medicines.So visit specialist even if your GP dont want to send you there!
This is easily treatable if there is no sign of cancer and all you need is to do frequent thyroid hormones check up and start with medicine for goiter.
It is hard to say is hair falling because of goiter or something else,but you cant find it until you stabilize your thyroid hormonal levels.
Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards