Thyroid removal operation done. Feeling exhausted, have muscle pains, cramps and stiffness. Reason?

ENT Specialist
I seem to have a long list of symptoms. My mother had an operation to remove throid many years ago. Symptoms have been ongoing for a number of years. At the moment I am exhausted most of the time. I am a spirited lady who tries not to give up but really finding motivation very difficult. I have tendonitis, muscle pains, cramps and stiffness and my throat aches also finding swallowing uneasy most of the time. There is much more but will that do?
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 41 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. The most common causes for exhaustion and tiredness are diabetes, hypothyroidism, blood pressure fluctuations and anemia.

2. What are the Fasting and Postprandial Blood Sugar levels? What are the readings of the the latest Thyroid Function tests? What are your blood pressure readings and hemoglobin levels?

3. With tendonitis, muscle cramps, stiffness, throat aches, uneasiness while swallowing certain conditions should be ruled out:
a. Plummer Vinson Syndrome / Paterson XXXXXXX Brown Syndrome (symptoms, possible causes and further treatment options may be discussed.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Thyroid removal operation done. Feeling exhausted, have muscle pains, cramps and stiffness. Reason? 18 hours later
No further questions - but thank you for your reply and will seek further help from my Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 10 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health.