Thyroid problem, TSH 17.3, high levels, homeopathic medication. Treatment ?

Question
SIR MY NAME SI XXXXXXX I M FROM LUDHIANA, PUNJAB. I HAVE A THYRIOD PROBLEM MY TSH IS 17.3. I AM TAKING MEDICIN OF HOMEOPATHY. PLEASE TELL ME THE ATUAL TREATMENT TO BE TAKEN
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 30 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,

First I would let you know the normal range of TSH - Thyroid Stimulating Hormone.

Normal adult range is 0.4-5 micro litre unit per ml.

Yours is 17.3 which is at a higher level.

You need to undergo complete thyroid profile which includes, TSH and thyroid horme levels.

Along with higher TSH if even thyroid hormonal levels are more, it could be due to conditions like thyroid hormone resistance.

On the other hand if the hormonal levels are low, it could be due to conditions like hypothyroidism.

As I practice Allopathy, it is difficult for me to comment on the efficacy of homeopathic treatment. The usual treatment we follow would be thyroid hormone supplements depending on the cause.

Please see a general physician for your condition and get the complete thyroid profile which includes TSH, T3 and T4. Depending on the results the treatment would follow.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries If any.

Regards.