Thyroid patient. Took Thyronorm and Calcimax. Instead of Calcimax could I take a calcium tablet?

I am thyroid patient. Doctor advised me to take Thyronorm 50 mcg in morning & Calcimax 500 mg in the night every day.

My question is instead of taking Calcimax, can I take any other calcium tablet (Eg: Nutrilite product – Cal Mag D)?
Need your suggestion.

Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later

Yes, you can take any other alternative calcium supplements. In addition, I always recommend my patients to consider calcium XXXXXXX products such as millets, dairy products, soya bean, almonds / dry fruits, green vegetables (restricted spinach and cabbage/cauliflower) and so on.

Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Thyroid patient. Took Thyronorm and Calcimax. Instead of Calcimax could I take a calcium tablet? 37 minutes later
Thanks Doctor, I will buy Cal Mag D tablets from Nutrilite. Thanks a lot for you quick response.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 14 minutes later
You are welcome.

Thanks for discussing your concerns with me. Please close this discussion if you have no follow ups.