Thyroid lobectomy, follicular lesion, anxiety, adrenaline rush

Hi. I am a 32 year old female weighing 145lbs. 7 days ago I had a right side thyroid lobectomy due to 2 follecular lesion nodules. As of yesterday i have had increased anxiety and having been feeling like i'm shaking on the inside. I feel rushes of adrenaline and my muscles and limbs feel as though they are trembling although looking from the outside they aren't. i dont see my endo for 3 more weeks to get my levels tested and i'm wondering if this could be related to losing half my thyroid. Any insight is appreciated as I feel like I am going crazy!
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 29 minutes later

By the end of this session, I hope that I have solved your queries.

The condition seems to be THYROID RUSH. It is quite common after manipulation of thyroid gland, say during a surgery. You may XXXXXXX your local family physician and confirm the diagnosis with him.
The manipulation of Thyroid during surgery leads to secretion of excess thyroid hormone and symptoms of hyperthyroidism - fast heart rate, weight loss, feeling jittery or nervous, diarrhea, tremor.

To confirm you may get following Thyroid Functions Tests done: TSH, Free T3 and Free T4. If the levels of Free T3 and Free T4 are abnormally high, then the diagnosis is confirmed.
Treatment is symptomatic. That is according to the symptoms. Time is required to see that the levels of Thyroxine decreases.

Waiting for your follow-up with the reports of your Thyroid Function Tests,
Follow-up: Thyroid lobectomy, follicular lesion, anxiety, adrenaline rush 28 hours later
Thank you so much for your answer. Is this usually something that will balance itself out over time is thyroid hormone usually needed to help this?
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 4 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

There is increase in Thyroid Hormone, which becomes normal over a period of time, say two-four weeks.Medicines may help , must be taken only if needed.

Wish you good health