Thyroid hormone levels and hypothyroidism

I have been diagnosed, years ago, with hypothyroidism. My latests test are TSH .22 , T4 .80 and T3 3.09. I am confused as to what these results mean, am on medications and still feel weary and lethargic. Can you clarify what the blood test indicates?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 52 minutes later

In hypothyroidism,diagnosis is usually based on the TSH levels.In most cases its supposed to be between 0.5 to 4.5.However, different labs often have different reference ranges.You havent mentioned any reference range for your results.But assuming its the standard one,your tsh levels are on the lower side.That may indicate that you are getting more thyroxine than needed.

You should see your doctor and get your dose readjusted.Repeat the test after 3 months and compare the values.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.