Thumping sensation on the right side of chest with pain in the temple. Reason?

Hi, I've been having a strange thumping sensation (like a heart beat) on the right side if my chest. It is then followed by a slight pain in the temple. I notice my heat beats a little faster. Sometimes it can affect my breathing (I'm an asthmatic) In general I feel not too well when it happens. I can go days without it happening. When it does happen it can go on and off for roughly 2 days. You suggestions are much appreciated.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Next best thing is BP, Respiration pulse record Detailed Answer: Hi, Definitely blood pressure, Respiratory rate and pulse recording is the first test. It would be good if these are recorded when you are normal and when you have symptoms and compare them. That solves the puzzle most often. If there is a difference we need to investigate if there is no difference then you do not need further investigations to find out the cause. Anxiety is commonly presented with on and off fast beats and pain around the temple, next comes the common headache. I am sure this will give an idea what you should do next.