Thumping sensation on the right side of chest with pain in the temple. Reason?
User rating for this question
Hi, I've been having a strange thumping sensation (like a heart beat) on the right side if my chest. It is then followed by a slight pain in the temple. I notice my heat beats a little faster. Sometimes it can affect my breathing (I'm an asthmatic) In general I feel not too well when it happens. I can go days without it happening. When it does happen it can go on and off for roughly 2 days. You suggestions are much appreciated.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Next best thing is BP, Respiration pulse record Detailed Answer: Hi, Definitely blood pressure, Respiratory rate and pulse recording is the first test. It would be good if these are recorded when you are normal and when you have symptoms and compare them. That solves the puzzle most often. If there is a difference we need to investigate if there is no difference then you do not need further investigations to find out the cause. Anxiety is commonly presented with on and off fast beats and pain around the temple, next comes the common headache. I am sure this will give an idea what you should do next.
People also viewed
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of clomipramine?
- Musculoskeletal chest pain right side
- Deep cut on scrotum
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of junel fe 1/20?
- Random chest pain right side
- Cutting leg off due to diabetes
- Dermatologist cutting ingrown pimple
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of tenoretic 100?
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of sulfasalazine?
- Reverse curve on penis
- Internal chest pain right side
- Women chest pain right side
- Deep cut with rusty razor
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of thiabendazole?
- Dbol and right side chest pain