Thrush, urine infection, itching, burning, discharge, rash, yeast infection

hi doctor i have been treated for thrush, after having a urine infection, but i have symptoms like, ictching, burning, swelling, and now a little discharge. this has been going on for 6 weeks now my swamp test has come back clear, i was given antihestimanes but nothing seems to be working what can the problem be? i now have little bumps like rash and a bump right at the entrance of my vagina? please help?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

Your symptoms of burning,swelling,itching and white discharge are consistent with yeast infection.For that you are already on antibiotics.However,the rash/bumps on the vagina do nor occur in yeast infection.If you havent been tested for STDs then do get that done.

The treatment should work in about 5-7 days.If there is no improvement after a week,then you need to consider the possibility that you may have been mis diagnosed or you are not responding to antibiotics.In which case,you will require a antibiotic sensitivity test.The typical symptoms of yeast are itching,burning during urination and thick, white curdy discharge.

Wait a week or so,and then consult your doctor again.

Hope I answered your question.