Throwing up for the past few hours, feeling cold. Feels its due to bad wine. Why is it happening ?

hello my mom is throwing up for the past few hours and then started feeling very cold. she thinks its from having bad wine on an empty stomache but i dont know. should i take her to the hospital. its 2 am and i dont know why this is happening.
Posted Fri, 25 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 56 minutes later
Any wine when taken on empty stomach, can give rise to Gastritis. Thus your mom might be vomiting for past few hours due to Gastritis. Continuous vomiting can decrease her blood pressure, and as a result she can feel very cold. You can give her anti emetic tablet, cold milk &/or antacids and other fluids at home. But due to continuous vomiting she might not be able to take & hold all this orally.

Thus she may require hospitalization, where antiemetic can be given in injection form, and fluids can be given intravenously. In my opinion it will be better for her to get her admitted in a Hospital as early as possible. Mean while in spite of vomiting give her frequently cold milk, water/Oral rehydration power dissolved in water.

Hope, I have answered your query.

Wishing your mom speedy recovery.
Follow-up: Throwing up for the past few hours, feeling cold. Feels its due to bad wine. Why is it happening ? 20 minutes later
thank u for your reply, she fell asleep and my dad is by her . should i worry or let her sleep until tom?
thank you again for your time
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 30 minutes later

Thanks for writing in again.

Well, it depends upon her blood pressure. If it is within normal range, or her body does not feels cold on touching, you can let her sleep until tomorrow morning, but if her body is cold &/or she vomits again, please shift her to hospital. If she can take milk or liquid antacid, chances of further vomiting will be less.

With good wishes,