Throbbing sensation in the anus. Reasons?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I have throbbing/tingling in my anus when I sit. It is not painful, just annoying.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 25 minutes later
Throbbing sensation in anus could be due to engorgement of blood vessels in anus .If you have any factors like prolonged sitting/standing, or constipation or family history of hemorrhoids (piles) then this problem may aggravate in future.If the problem aggravates then there is a risk of pain or bleeding.
So as of now you can do the following,
1. If any of above factors present then try to avoid or minimise it.
2. Do warm sitz bath twice daily and apply topical anaesthetic ointment containing lignocaine 2%
3 If symptoms persist or worsen then please consult your doctor for confirming diagnosis and starting appropriate treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.