Throbbing & pulsating pain in right side of chest. What could cause this pain?

I'm having pulsating pain in a spot in the right side of my chest, slightly towards the middle. The pain pulses every couple seconds or so, and I've been experiencing the pain for about 20 minutes now. The pain is in the area of my right breast right breast near the center of my chest. It's a XXXXXXX throbbing pain. I'm female, 20 years old, 5'3", and 130 lbs. What could this pain be?
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 13 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
There could be a number of causes leading to this symptom. Most likely source of pain can be a local trauma to your rib cage or any pathology in your right breast. However it can be a referred pain from a liver or gall bladder pathology.
Best way to sort it out is to visit a general physician & have a clinical examination of yourself. This will help him / her to suggest a diagnosis & advise appropriate treatment.
Hope you get well soon.
Warm Regards.