Throbbing pain in the eyes, head. Advice?

When sleeping this morning, my eyes had a pain, like it was full of 'sleep' and so I woke up, I went back to sleep but this eye pain happened 3 times. Once I finally got up, I had a head pain. It is situated in the top of my skull, but all around the top of it, It slightly throbs when I sit still, but will create an intense pain if I move my head, like shaking it or moving it to look at something.. Any Ideas? I did have 3 cups of tea before bed last night in about an hour and a half, took a glass of squash to bed. apart from the tea nothing unusual.
Posted Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 22 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Typically speaking, your symptoms are probably suggestive of migraine. This is a disorder in which there is headache, which typically worsens on movement or with certain triggers like lack of sleep, excessive caffeine, mood changes etc.
This may be your first attack. For the pain, taking Tablet Aspirin 325 mg as and when required ( upto 2-3 tablets daily) with food would help. However, a good strategy for you would be to identify your triggers ( in your case, it might be excessive caffeine) and totally avoid them. This will prevent such a situation altogether.
If your symptoms get worse or are not controlled with aspirin, I would suggest you see your general physician. We have other drugs like triptans ( which are prescription drugs and cannot be given on this forum) which can definitely help.
Hope this addresses your concerns. If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer them.