Throbbing pain in right lower arm, numbness in right hand, bruised shoulder. History of migraine headaches.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My right lower arm had been having on and off throbbing pains for the past few months. My right hand in numb at times and tingle. It feels as though it falls asleep sometimes. Today it has gotten horrible and I can not bear the pain. My upper right shoulder is bruised. I do have a history of migraine headaches.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
From your symptoms it seems that you are having a nerve root compression at the level of cervical spine or in the axilla where you have suffered a shoulder injury.
Investigations like Xray of cervical spine lateral view, X-ray of shoulder and MRI of the affected area are required to identifythe cause and extent of nerve compression.
Nerve conduction studies will also be helpful. I encourage you to consult your Orthopedician or a neurologist for clinical examination and relevant investigations. The treatment will depend on the cause.
I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.