Throbbing headache at the back of head, neck soreness, sensitive spot on the back of head. Cause of symptoms?

Dec 2012

I've been getting these throbbing headaches in the back of my head and my neck is sore it hurts when I lean my head back the headaches usually happen when I'm sitting . I've got a spot on the back of my head that is sensitive to the touch
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 7 hours later

Just wish to know if the headache was there before the sore or the other way round. if headache came first then sore is unlikely the cause. The sore might be an abscess which has caused a headache due to infection. A doctor will need to examine and maybe provide you with a course of antibiotics and pain killers. If your headache is not related to the sore then the cause will have to be determine. You might be suffering from migrain. Your blood pressure will also need to be checked as high BP might be the origin of your symptoms.

Wish you the best

Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Throbbing headache at the back of head, neck soreness, sensitive spot on the back of head. Cause of symptoms? 9 minutes later
I've had migraines before but I haven't had a bad headache but it feels like I've had a migraine.neck is really sore like its been strained. The headache came first.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 24 hours later

I do consider the headache to be due to the Migraine attack. Do consult your treating doctor to be placed on treatment for the headache now ans also to be placed on prophylactic treatment for the same.

Wish you good health.