Ask a Urologist   »  

Throbbing bladder. Have bladder infection and chronic pancreatitis. Is this something of concern?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My wife if 60, was diagnosed with chronic pancriatitis about 4 years ago, and has just been diagnosed with a bladder infection with a cipro script that she just started this morning. This evening she is experiencing a throbbing , pulsing bladder. Is this something of concern?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

With a diagnosed bladder infection and spasm while passing urine are the common symptoms. These are not worrisome and gradually subside on taking proper antibiotics. Since she has started taking ciprofloxacin, her symptoms are likely to subside in 2-3 days.
She can help reduce the discomfort by taking the following steps:
1. Follow her health-care provider's treatment recommendations.
2. Finish all antibiotic medication even if she is feeling better before the medication is gone.
3. Use a hot-water bottle to ease the discomfort.
4. Drink plenty of water.
5. Avoid coffee, alcohol, and spicy foods, all of which irritate the bladder.

I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.