Throat pain, hurts to swallow, breath feels hot, excessive urination, increased heart rate

Pediatrician
Question
Hello. I've had pain in my throat for three days, hurts when I swallow, no fever but my breath feels hot, lots and lots of urination and my heart rate has been at about 120/bpm consitently (at rest)
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 45 minutes later

Thanks for your query on XXXXXXX

As you have pain in throat and difficulty in swallowing with a pulse rate of 120/min., you are in all probability having a throat infection. It is advisable to consult your physician and get yourself examined.

You can start with an over the counter decongestant like Sy.Waltussin / Robutussin 10ml, three times a day to give you some relief immediately. In addition you can try the salt water gargles which are really effective during the initial days.

I hope I have given you the right guidance so that you are relieved of your throat pain at the earliest.

Wishing you all the best and regards.

Follow-up: Throat pain, hurts to swallow, breath feels hot, excessive urination, increased heart rate 18 minutes later
What about the frequnecy of urination. Is this my body fighting the infection?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 8 hours later

As you are experiencing difficulty in swallowing, you must be taking a lot of liquids which should be contributing to your frequent urination.

Since you have not mentioned any history of diabetes mellitus I presume that you do not have that otherwise it can be a cause for frequent urination.

Wishing you all the best and regards.