Throat is aching and dry, feeling tired. Have been gargling. Suggest?

My throat is aching and am feeling tired. I have been gargling and also having warm water. But the progess is very slow.%0AAlso my throat is dry.%0APlease suggest.
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjula R 1 hour later

Welcome to the XXXXXXX forum.

You have complained of sore throat and weakness. You may be having early stage of acute pharyngitis. It is good that you are gargling with warm water. Do add some salt to it.
Along with that, you need to take antibiotics or else it may progress to acute pharyngotonsillitis. For that, see your ENT surgeon for the prescription and dose and frequency of antibiotics.

You may be put on penicillin group of antibiotics, analgesics like paracetomol, and multivitamins with vitamin C.

Wish you all the very best.
Follow-up: Throat is aching and dry, feeling tired. Have been gargling. Suggest? 56 minutes later
Hi%2C can you suggest medicines that i can take with dosage.
Answered by Dr. Manjula R 15 minutes later

Sorry I cannot prescribe the treatment without examining you. It is unethical to do so.
And I cannot assess the severity of your problem online, hence it is better to consult an ENT surgeon and take treatment.