Throat irritation, negative mono and strep, white patches, red spots on back of throat

Allergist and Immunologist
I am in the emergency room right now. they have tested me for mono and strep and both are negative. have had this ugly irritation in my throat for the past 18 months I have been seen by 2 ent's as well. nobody knows what it is. I have small white patches but it is not thrush. I also have red specks and spots and purple veins bulging in the back of my throat. my throat remains irritated and very raw looking. it is not GERD or allergies either.
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Suman Kumar 2 hours later

I have gone through the details and the pictures submitted.

I think this might be lichen planus or leucoplakia. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist instead to have a close look at those spots. He/she may be able to identify the condition and diagnose you.

Treatment if needed can be initiated under the care of a competent dermatologist.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other concerns.