Throat irritation and pain while swallowing food. Should I be worried?

ENT Specialist
I have irritation and scarred feeling in my throat which leads to coughing every few minutes. My voice has become coarse, and it sounds almost as if I have been shouting for hours. If I talk for more than a few minutes at a stretch, it feels like I have been shouting for hours. It hurts when I swallow anything. I have had these type of cases of throat irritation in the past but they typically lasted for 1-3 days. this time it has been going on for past 6 days and it is more severe as compared to earlier times. Do I need to worry, what remedy can I get.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 20 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

I have gone through your query. It suggests that you are suffering from the laryngitis.

I suggest the following treatment to my patients with this condition---
1. Voice Rest
2. Steam Inhalation
3. Fomentation of the Neck
4. Proper antibiotic
5. Anti-Inflammatory and steroid drugs
6. Avoid smoking and alcohol if you have.

Since the symptoms are troubling you, it is better to consult your doctor and discuss about the problem. He can write you a prescription containing the antibiotic and antiinflammatory drugs.

If you have any doubt,I Will be available to answer your query.
Wish you good health.