Throat irritation. Can exposure to paint fumes cause this?

I was painting most of this evening and knowy throat is scratching feeling. can the paint fumes hurt me. I had the windows open and doors.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can hurt you.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

The inflammation to the airway depends on the duration and amount of exposure to the paint fumes irrespective of whether the windows and doors are open or not.

There is always the possibility of airway irritation because you have been painting the entire evening.

If you have throat irritation or difficulty in breathing then stop painting.

In the future apply face mask to prevent the fumes from entering the airway.

Consult your doctor if the symptoms persist or worsens to rule out any chemical injury to the airway.

Hope the answer helps you.