Throat injury with excessive and continuous coughing. Safe medication?

Feb 2013

I believe; I have a XXXXXXX throat injury probably caused by perhaps some sharp edge in some food I may have eaten. This injury is probably in irritating the throat causing very excessive and continuous coughing. In addition to medication - what else can I do ?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 42 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Some times food with sharp margins leads to mucosal layer injury.

The tears in mucus layer lead to throat irritation causing excessive coughing.

In addition to medication you can do steam inhalation which will sooth your throat.

Take soft, bland diet. Chew the food thoroughly before you swallowing.

Take plenty of oral fluids.

For cough you can take mucolytic cough agent like ambroxol in prescribed dosage.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.