Throat hurts while swallowing. Tested negative for strep. How to get relief?

Question
Throat hurts way bad when I swallow I want to cry been tested for strep was negitive stings when drinks citrus stuff help please help spray stuff doesn't work please help
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
You must be having a sore throat. Strep. is not the only cause.
Frequently Viruses, pneumococcus and haemophilus influenzae can lead to similar problem by causing an epiglottitis, tonsillitis, or pharyngitis.
You should consult a physician of locality and started the recommended antibiotics of penicillin/macrolide group suiting to the condition, the dose your doctor would know.
Side by side improve the oral health, brush twice a day, do chlorhexidine gargles after that and do not take anything orally in ensuing 2hours.
Do warm saline gargles after you take anything orally.
These measures would provide great relief to you.
I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: Throat hurts while swallowing. Tested negative for strep. How to get relief? 8 hours later
Thank you but I don't think my dad will take me again he says I'm fine and I tell him he doesnt know what he's talking about when do you think it will be gone if I do the home stuff

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 12 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
The best option is to start all the advised treatments.
You must visit a physician if you develop a fever.
The household treatment along with chlorhexidine gargles should help you in about 7-10days time.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Throat hurts while swallowing. Tested negative for strep. How to get relief? 3 hours later
Know my lymph nodes are swollen and for some reson when I drink cold drinks and canythin citrus it stings my throat and ears and it didn't go away till I drink warm water help

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
You should avoid the things with sharp tastes and the enlargement of lymph node indicates local spread of the disease and it's aggressive nature so you should revisit the local physician and start the antibiotics as soon as possible to avoid severe disease.
Wish you a great health!