Threw up, had fever, body aches, sore throat and malaise. Tried tylenol. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
Saturday night I threw up a few times. Sunday I ran a high fever (102) with body aches, sore throat and malaise. The fever is gone today but the other symptoms remain present. I have slight nausea. Do I need to seek medical treatment or will this dissipate?

So far I have tried: Two Tylenol every 4 hours, lozenges, and previously prescribed anti-nausea pills (dissolve on tongue)
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. With the above symptoms, it is better to get a medical opinion.

2. As the fever is down, you may improve soon, since you are on supportive medication which is all that is required in viral infections.

3. With high fever and body ache, certain viral infections should be ruled out by direct examination and with blood tests.

4. Another important point is that a relapse and long term complications may be prevented which may occur after incomplete treatment of such illnesses.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.