Three years ago I had Spinal surgery , fusion and

Question
Three years ago I had Spinal surgery, fusion and Laminectomy! I think the fusion was L4 but not sure.
The reason I had to have the surgery was a pain in my buttocks that I dealt with for ten years or more. The pain was in right lower buttocks and became worse with time.
The surgeon told be I had to have the surgery because I had Spinal Stenosis and had not much room left in my spine. Have been ok since The surgery with taking two to three 50 mg of Tramodol a day. But last week the ach,, although nothing like I has experienced came back! I’m very upset and hoping is just temporary, do you have any ideas and should this be happening only after three years! I an active, walk, golf and Zumba but have done these all along!
Thank you!
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try naproxen

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

I understand that you were relieved with regular does of tramadol but that the pain has come back. You may try taking Aleve (naproxen) 500 mg one or two tablets together in full stomach twice a day, and see if it helps.

Let me know if I could help further.