Three year old complain of pain during bowel movements and found blood in stools. What should I do?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
I suspect my 3 year old son has piles(a piece of unknown thing comes out when he goes for motion, he complains a pain, some times there will be blood in the motions), local doctor suggested go for operation. He has this problem about 7-8 months ago, is there any problem if we go for operation in his 3 years age. He eat well and weighs only about 10-11 kgs, except above mentioned problem he is healthy. Kindly suggest me for next step of action/Good hospitials in Bangalore.
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: show to pediatric surgeon Detailed Answer: Hi, What you describe seems to be prolapsed piles. It does happen in children though it is rare. You have to show him to a qualified pediatric surgeon who has MCH in pediatric surgery or DNB in pediatric surgery. Do not go to general adult surgeon. Till surgery softening the stools with some medicines and dietary modifications lot if fluids,juices, will help. Manipal hospital or some similar place where there is a pediatric surgeon will be ideal. Good luck God bless Dr Umay