Thinning of hair on top of head, negligible hair fall. What should I do?

I am experiencing thinning of hair at top of my head. Hair Fall is negligible. What should I do. Due to thickening, my scalp is visible now.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. R. P. Gupta 3 hours later

It seems you are experiencing thinning of hair and decreased density. It is usually due to androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness). If you are suffering from this disease, you need to apply Minoxidil 5% solution 1ml twice a day along with oral Tablet Finasteride. Finasteride is a prescription drug and should be taken in consultation with your dermatologist. However, it will be best if you provide your age and a clinical photograph of the scalp for correct assessment and diagnosis. Please use the 'Upload your reports' feature on the site to send your pictures