Thinning hair on both sides of forehead. Any advice? Using shampoo and greaseless gel

Recently I've notice thinning hair on both sides of my forehead (widows peak) My Dad and Mom had good hair and I would like to keep it from getting worse. Any advice? I shampoo about twice a week and use some greaseless gel sometime. I would be reluctant taking any drugs. Thanks
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Kruti 3 hours later

I will be glad to be if assistance.

What you are experiencing probably seems like male pattern baldness.

It’s commonly seen in middle aged males.
It may occur even though your parents may have had good hair.
The treatment for this is application of Rogaine solution twice a day to the affected areas.
There will be hair growth in these areas within 3 months. However the solution has to be continued lifelong. Once you stop it the hair that had grown may fall away again.

It’s also not easy to stop the other areas of the head from getting affected. There might be a progress in spite of the application.

Please let me know if you have more queries.