Thinner skin, blood vessels visible, tiredness. Is this cushings disease?

I am having strange symptoms. I have noticed that my skin is much thinner than before, and the fatty layer just below the skin is also thinner almost everywhere else in my body except the wasteline. This is clearly shown for example near the shoulders, where blood vessels are clearly visible now. Before they were completely hidden. I first noticed this about six months ago. Could this be Cushings disease? I have no other symptoms, except tiredness.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 1 hour later

Please provide me with the following details, so that I can address your query better:

1. Are you on any medication for any other disorder?
2. Has this change been sudden and abrupt in onset?
3. Have you experienced any recent weight loss?

You may be having lipodystrophy.

I would suggest you to get your blood sugar, thyroid profile checked, Also see a dermatologist for a skin biopsy.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.