Think have some vaginal tearing due to intercourse without lubrication. Have a bit of spotting. What should I do?

I believe I and sustained some vaginal tearing due to intercourse without enough lubrication and with a particularly well endowed man. There was some superficial bleeding initially which has lessened. It has been 3 days now and I still have a bit of spotting but I am quite itchy so I think it is healing. Is there anything I should be doing to promote it's healing?
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Your bleeding from sex seems to be due to some vaginal trauma caused by sex and this happens specially after menopause because vagina becomes dry due to lack of estrogen hormones and also because low blood supply to vaginal wall.
You should make it a point to use enough lubricant in future to avoid damage to the vagina.You can use astroglide or k-y jelly for this purpose.
You can also use vaginal moisturiser on regular basis to keep your vagina properly moisturised.Vaginal moisturisers which can be used are REPLENS,LUVENA etc.
You may also talk to your doctor for prescription of vaginal estrogen therapy.
Now coming to the treatment for present problem.
Avoid sex till you heal completely.
You may use some local antibiotic like NEOSPORIN OINTMENT or Vgel vaginal cream.
However a word of caution for you.If you get this bleeding repeatedly,then you are advised to consult your gynecologist for proper examination as it could mean polyps or even cancer also.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Bet of luck