Thin tubes and endometriosis led to fertility problem. Light bleeding after IVF. Has it failed?

Infertility Specialist
hi. I am 25 years old next month and have recently found out I have fertility problems due to firstly my tubes being so thin on both side closest to my womb and also endometriosis. I did have a successful natural pregnancy at 17 and gave birth at 18 yes old but my doctor could not explain this pregnancy. I have just had my first treatment of ivf and had my egg transfer 10 days ago ( sat 7th April ) I had one blastocyst put back of good quality. I started a light pink spotting weds 11th April which turned to brown and is now red and heavier than spotting but not as heavy as a period. But it is fresh red blood and after using the loo the water down the toilet is red. Could you tell me if this means my ivf treatment has failed and what the chances of me still catching even with these symptoms. I must also say I had no bleeding with my previous pregnancy. I just feel like I am not getting any straight answers and I will be ok if it doesn't work I just want the honest truth. I don't have long until my test date but can't go on not knowing. I have done a test today and that was negative. I would be grateful for an honest reply. Thank you. Mrs b
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

You had an IVF done with blastocyst transfer on the 7th April.

The test for pregnancy you mentioned was negative. Normally a second test 2 days later will be of help to confirm the findings and then know the outcome of the cycle.

Hope to have answered your query.

Dr Nandita Thakkar