Thin hair, receding hairline from childhood, hair fall. Advise to get rid of this hair issue?

I have a hair issue. My hair is very thin and moreover I have a bad and receded hairline. This is an issue from my childhood. I was born bald. I'm 15 and I'm a girl. I suffer from hairfall but not much. (normal)
Please help me. My hairline does not allow me to even put on a normal ponytail.
Posted Thu, 14 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Going by your photographs, it seems that you are suffering from female pattern baldness as well as traction alopecia where your hair are being pulled out in frontal area because of your hairstyle.
An investigation comprising serum ferritin, Thyroid profile, Haemoglobin etc should be carried out .
Also topical minoxidil, biotin supplements along with selenium are the treatment of choice under a dermatologists guidance in required dosage.
Platelet XXXXXXX plasma and stem cell therapies are the new techniques which can help in resistant cases.
Please see a dermatologist so that treatment can be started.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Thin hair, receding hairline from childhood, hair fall. Advise to get rid of this hair issue? 45 hours later
My thyroid profile is normal but my haemoglobin is a little less. I need to know whether this increases by time.
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 17 hours later

Thanks for your follow up query.

Hemoglobin can increase by 1 point every month if iron and vitamin B supplements are taken every day and there is no blood loss or any other disease in progress.

Dr.Rohit Batra