Thin hair on forehead, anemic. Taking Vit C, B12, Iron supplements. Need hair fall treatment

I want some hair fall treatment. I have thin hair. The hair on my forehead are less. I want more bounce in my hair. I take good diet but I am anaemic and the food I eat gets out without proper digestion- unable to cure this disease. I take supplements like B12, Vit C , Iron folic etc.

I want some homemade recipe or some hair care regime that I can follow. I am getting married next month. please suggest me something. Shall I buy Loreal's amminexil and apply for 42 days?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Lack of proper nutrition is the most common cause of hairfall. To get the bounce back & to help your hairs grow better you can follow some simple measures -
1. Take a high protein diet. You can also apply raw egg on your hairs one hour before washing them for good lusture and to coverthe damaged parts.
2. Take iron and zinc supplements.
3. Avoid exposure to direct sun for long durations.
4. Keep your hairs covered outdoors to avoid damage from dust , etc.
5. Take high doses of vitamin B6 and folic acid.
6. Stay away from stress and anxiety.
7. Scalp massage- A vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers is one of the most effective method for the prevention and treatment of hair loss. The scalp should be rubbed vigorously till it starts to tingle with the heat. It will activate the sebaceous glands and energise the circulation of blood in the affected area, making the hair grow healthy.
You can use Loreal's amminexil for 42 days. It might help your problem.
For rapid and sure response, you can go for mesotherapy which is a safe, simple and cost-effective option to treat hair fall due to nutritional disorders. MesoHair restoration therapy can in some cases eliminate the need for hair transplant. The side effects are negligible as the dietary supplements are injected.

You can discuss it with your dermatologist and benefit from it.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Thin hair on forehead, anemic. Taking Vit C, B12, Iron supplements. Need hair fall treatment 3 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for the reply.

Please guide me which capsule to buy for Iron and Zinc and B6 and Folic.

I also heard there are some capsules which can be mixed in oil and can be applied on hair for hair growth. If you know anything about it, please suggest.

My hairs are normal, scalp is dry. I apply oil every week. My concern is that the hair on my forehead on each side are very thin. I need more bounce.

I am looking for something which is very safe, without any side effects.

Please guide me on this.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

For iron and folic acid supplements with Zinc you can have Cap. Fefol Z. For Vitamin B6 supplementation, Cap. Becosule will be helpful.

For local application on the scalp, usually Vitamin E capsules like Evion 400 are used. These help in adding luster to the hairs.

Nutrient supplementation and scalp massage with mesotherapy is the safest approach for a good hair growth with minimal side effects.

Hope my answer is helpful.