Thigh and leg pain while standing and walking. Had cystocele and rectacele. Little urination. What is the reason?

General Surgeon
Outer thigh and leg pain down to inside of foot when standing our walking. Had a cystocele and rectacele 10 days ago. Pain goes away when sitting or laying. After sitting or laying, once I go to stand, I have a 3-5 minute window before it kicks in again. Excrutiating. I am also only able to urinate about 25-100cc at a time, therefore I am self-cathing 4x day. Just a horrible experience.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 3 hours later
Brief Answer: important to rule out prolapsed intervetebral disc Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXXX, Excruciating pain in the thigh, leg and foot especially in relationship to standing or walking, I would consider the possibility of prolapsed intervetebral disc causing nerve compression. I suggest you to consult spine surgeon, who will be able to confirm with clinical examination and Magnetic resonance Imaging(MRI) of the spine. Your inability of complete evacuation of urinary bladder could be due to tight bladder neck, during cystocele repair. I hope it helped. I'm case you have any other query kindly get back to me. Wishing you a healthy life. Take care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon