Ask a Dentist   »  

Thick tongue, not able to pronounce words properly. Solution?

Jul 2012

My tongue is thick and i am not able to pronounce some of the words properly, please let me know if there is any solution.
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 27 minutes later
Hi there. I read your concern. Could you please add on to the history to help me a touch. Is this tongue thickness problem only with you or do other members of your family have a similar complaint? Is it from birth/childhood or is it a recent occurence? Is there a stammering in your voice? Are there any other skeletal or bony deformities or differences that you have noticed? What is your weight/height & is there a 'hoarsemess' of voice? Do you have any areas of your skin that are 'dark' in colour or 'thick skin' & an orange peel like appearance or thickness on your shins/legs with swelling? Does this happen or vary with any particular season, foods, climate etc or is it constant? Is the colour of your tongue XXXXXXX red/beefy? Have you been to a dentist or any other doctor for this problem or do you have any other metabolic or endocrine symptoms? Await your replies to take this further..Cheers & will do my best to suggest. P.S a good clear photograph uploaded as 'data' on this site would be extra helpful.