Thick brown mucousy discharge from vagina, hot flushes,cold sweats, vertigo, fatigue. Symptoms of Hepatitis C?

Hi, is it possible that hep c can cause symptoms such as: a thick brown mucousy discharge from vagina, hot flashes and cold sweats (day and night), vertigo (no vomiting but feeling as if I might), low body temp (usually an average of 97.5, but sometimes as low as 95.7 when accompanied with cold sweats), headache, neck pain and extreme fatigue?
just tested for Lyme disease (result was negative). If the above symptoms are not associated with hepatitis b or c, any suggestions as to what may be causing them? Primary doctor feels they could be due to high stress levels and/or anxiety. I don't feel like I have enough stress in my life to warrant this kind of pain or exhaustion. I just want to explore any other options and not jump to the conclusion that I am just stressed.
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 5 hours later

I can understand your concern for these symptoms.

Active hepatitis c, hypothyroidism and vit d deficiency can produce these symptoms of lethargy, tiredness, headache, neck pain etc but not vag discharge. Considering your age , perimenopause is another important factor.

Get your thyroid levels, vitamin D levels and your hormonal profile (estrogens, progesterone) done. For hepatitis C, the first step in screening for HCV infection is to test blood for the antibody to HCV using an enzyme immuno-assays (EIAs). You can get these tests done.

Regarding vitamin D levels, you need to take a XXXXXXX of vitamin D with milk or curd once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month. Each XXXXXXX contains 60,000 IU of vitamin D. You can take these sachets under your physician’s guidance.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.