There was a dead skunk in the road, it was

Excellent

Question
There was a dead skunk in the road, it was pretty flat so it had been run over already, I am pretty sure I avoided it. About 20 min later I got out of my car and kicked the door shut. Later I dropped my hat on my boots and picked it up. Is there a rabies risk if animal parts or brains got on my door, would it survive highway speeds for 20 min on my car? Bottom line if there was something on my car door could it transfer to my boots then still be viable after walking 100 meters, got on my hat then hands. Is there a rabies risk?
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have no chances of getting rabies.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.Welcome to healthcare magic. I understand your problem.
My opinion is that, rabies will be transmitted by the bite of the rabies infected animal. It wont be transmitted by the licking and touching of the animal. You have no chances of getting rabies. So don't panic.
The measures to prevent rabies includes,
1. Avoid contact with pets.
2. If you want to have pets in home, kindly immunise them at regular intervals.
Thank you.
Feel free to ask your queries.

Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No.It wont be viable.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.Welcome back.
The virus wont be viable.You wont get rabies.Dont be panic.The virus is activated when it enters the human body.
Thank you.

Follow-up: There was a dead skunk in the road, it was 0 minute later
I guess my concern was if any part of the animals brain could have ended up on my truck from running over it, and then the virus remained viable at highway speeds for 20 minutes
Follow-up: There was a dead skunk in the road, it was 39 minutes later
So no worries it is impossible to get rabies from running over a dead animal and it transferreing from a vehicle to a person

Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.You wont get rabies.

Detailed Answer:
Yes. It is impossible. Don't worry. Don't be panic.
kindly close the conversation and rate the answer.
Thank you.