The white parts in the corner of both eyes are mushy. Can be moved with hands. What is it?

Question
the corner of both of my eyes ( the white parts are mushey )and I can move it around with my fingers. I have never noticed this before. It does not hurt, have no eye problems or wear glasses I noticed this about a month or two ago. The White kind of folds out over my eye lid. I thought at first it was lotion or something on my eyes from removing my make up but I was wrong it never goes away.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
the mushey white area on the corner of your eye might be a prominent third eyelid which is a remnant structure in the human body. In some cases, it might be prominent and looks like an extra skin fold in the inner corner of the eye.
This is just a normal anatomical variation.
Do not worry. It is not a health problem which needs a medical attention.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: The white parts in the corner of both eyes are mushy. Can be moved with hands. What is it? 1 hour later
if it is a prominent third eyelid? Did i just grow it in the past 6 weeks? It's never been there before.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for writing again.

If this extra skin is present only for last six weeks, then it needs to be examined by your Ophthalmologist as it can be a “Pterygium” or a “skin tag”.

Most of the times, it needs a surgical removal.

Hope my answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.