Testosterone tested low within normal range. Should I go for retest?

Infertility Specialist
Testosterone test came out low, but within normal range. The day it was taken I sensed it was higher than normal - probably got a higher end of my range. I strongly believe based on symptoms that I have low testosterone, or similar symptoms. Shoudl I ask for a retest? or is that not done?
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

The reference range is determined from the average values of normal individuals.

If your testosterone is within normal range as you say, there is no need to worry much. Values could be in lower or upper part of normal range. A value in the reference range means it’s adequate for normal body functions.

You can repeat the test if you are very much concerned. But there is no need as you say it’s in normal range now.

I hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any other information.