Testosterone propionate 100, injections, unable to maintain erection. Treatment ?

I am taking testosterone propionate 100.. I am injecting 1.5cc every 3 days the problem that i am having is i cannot maintain an erection.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later

I hope that the testosterone injections that you are taking have been prescribed to you by a competent doctor.

Are you suffering from testosterone deficiency?

Did you check your serum testosterone levels before starting the therapy?

Testosterone deficiency is not one of the common causes of erectile dysfunction. In testosterone deficiency, sexual interest is lost and you don't even get an erection.

In erectile dysfunction, psychological factors do play a very important role. Anxiety is found as the cause most often.
Good couple intimacy is the necessary to reduce the problem.
The most helpful factor in treatment is to quit smoking.
There are many agents which help this problem like exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction.
The medicines used for the treatment include phosphodiesterase inhibitors and alprostadil. Injections are also available to help in maintaining the erection.
Your physician will help you in choosing the best agent for you after examining you to rule out the contraindicating factors.
When pharmacological methods fail, a purpose-designed external vacuum pump can be used to attain erection, with a separate compression ring fitted to the penis to maintain it.
To increase your sex drive you can add celery, raw oysters, banana,avocado, almonds, eggs, figs, garlic,etc to your food.
Psychological causes for reduced libido can best be determined and treated by a sexologist. Psychotherapy can be important in this.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.