Testosterone level came up as 4.2 nmol. What does this mean?

I had a test done and my testosterone level came up as 4.2 nmol/l (11.5-32.0) what does this mean? how bad is this result? What can I do to get my results back to normal as soon as possible. I train alot, I'm a body builder.
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX This level is of course low and the cause for this needs to be looked into---

Things to be looked for in your history are---

1. Sex drive.
2. Erection and ejaculation.
3. Sexual performance - if sexually active.
4. Any testicular swelling.
5. Usage of anabolic steroids BY INJECTIONS FOR BODY BUILDING.

Physical examination

1. General examination - for hair distribution, body habitus, abnormal fat deposits.
2. Specific- Penis size, testes size and swelling.

Then hormonal profile is needed which includes Serum FSH, LH, PROLACTIN.
WE NEED to work putting all together.
Imaging (scans) may needed to check the abdomen, testis and head (pituitary) if needed.
A ENDOCRINE specialist ( endocrinologist) would be the best person to do the above.
Get well soon.
Follow-up: Testosterone level came up as 4.2 nmol. What does this mean? 15 hours later
Yes I used steroids and after I finished a long 8 month cycle , I then used pregnyl for 3 months an it's still low!! What does having low test mean? Will I lose muscle etc or jus not gain as much?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 28 minutes later

Welcome back.
With the available information, the cause of low testosterone is most probably anabolic steroid.
Now that you have received pregnyl, the testosterone level should go up logically.
Since it did not happen, a endocrine consult would be the next best step to decide if waiting is worthwhile or take another course of pregnyl.
Muscle loss is unlikely, but may not gain as much as desired.

Hope this helps, kindly take an early consult--

Follow-up: Testosterone level came up as 4.2 nmol. What does this mean? 3 hours later
Ok great, can u suggest me any doctor to go see for this..?? I'm from Sydney's west.. Blacktown.. But wil travel Sydney wide too get fastest results..

Welcome back.
Pl. see an endocrinologist.
Sorry, i have no idea about your area.
May be internet or a person from health care magic can do the needful.

All the best,