Testicular pain, have epididymitis, ultrasound normal. Tingling legs, taken bactrim, cipro, naproxen. Help

I am a 24 year old male. I have had symptoms of testicular pain and was diagnosed with epididymitis over a month ago. I has 2 ultrasounds, both were normal. All of my blood work has come back normal without any infections or diseases. I have had this pain for almost 3 months. I have taken 3 rounds of antibiotics. The first was bactrim DS, the second two were cipro. I am currently taking naproxen with the cipro. My pain has not gone away and has started going up into my bladder. Occasionally my legs get a burning/ tingling and numb feeling. I have looked many places for answers but do not feel as if I have gotten the correct diagnosis. About a month ago before being diagnosed by a neurologist, I was masturbating and the sperm was not coming out normal. I had to squeeze it out almost like squeezing a tube of tooth paste. This problem has only happened two times and has not reoccurred but I did not know if this would help better give some sort of diagnosis on your end for me.
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 14 hours later

You most certainly have epididymitis. Your ultrasound has been normal twice but there has to be cause for your recurrent epididymitis.

Your sperm problem cannot be the cause of your epididymitis; in fact, there is nothing abnormal about it; it can happen occasionally.

You need to get further investigated with CT urogram and find out the possible cause of your epididymitis. You also need to send your urinalysis and urine c/s reports.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Follow-up: Testicular pain, have epididymitis, ultrasound normal. Tingling legs, taken bactrim, cipro, naproxen. Help 3 hours later
Even if all of the lab work I have had done has come back normal including: STD, clean UAs, normal testosterone, no infection, and normal prostate, etc would epididymitis still be the problem?

What would the CT urogram be able to tell? If I have tried the following medicines mentioned above, what else would be the fix to the epididmytis?

If the CT urogram doesnt show anything or possibly a different medication still does not work, what about surgery? Would the surgery fix this problem? And what would the side effects be? Like as far as having children in the future or the problem reoccurring.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later

The most common cause of recurrent epididymitis in your age group is stone in the ureter. Ultrasound is very good initial investigation. However, 70% of stones are missed on Ultrasound. You need to get CT urogram to rule out stone disease.

In the meantime, you should start yourself on Tamsulosin under the guidance of your urologist. It is a prescription drug. It shall help a lot in preventing recurrent epididymitis and also reduce pain.

Hope this helps you. Do write back in case you have more queries.