Testicular cancer, chemotherapy, lymph node dissection, risks of smoking meth ?

Question
26 years old 5'6 165lbs. Developed 2c testicular cancer and has right testicle removed. Three cycles of Chemotherapy, then a lymph node dissection procedure because of a large non-malignous mass

What are the risks of smoking meth after lymph node dissection?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Follow-up: Testicular cancer, chemotherapy, lymph node dissection, risks of smoking meth ? 3 minutes later
After lymph node dissection surgery I was drained of 7.3 liters of fluid from my stomach. What are the risks of smoking meth after all of this?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later
Hello.

Drainage of such large amounts of fluid from the abdomen indicates that this collection of fluid is most likely due to the malignancy . Since you are already having chemotherapy, your body must have become weak due to low immunity and prone to all types of infections.

Smoking meth mainly has its effect on central nervous system and on cardiovascular system and does not affect the malignancy or its consequences. You can smoke it occasionally just to feel better but be careful not to overdo it.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Testicular cancer, chemotherapy, lymph node dissection, risks of smoking meth ? 16 hours later
I have been off chemo since december, and what do you mean melignancy? Is the fluid not in result of removing a mass of lymph nodes from the lymphatic system?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing back.

Removal of large mass from lymph nodes should open up the blockage if there was any and stop abnormal fluid accumulation. Usually large amount of fluid accumulation occurs because of spread of malignancy to your lymph nodes which has resulted in formation of this mass.

The histopathology report will clear your situation.

Regards.