Testicular biopsy showed maturation arrest. What is the treatment for Azoospermia due to maturation arrest?

Jul 2016

I'm married for 2 years and dont have a baby till now..
One year back, me and my wife went for check-up. Semen analysis showed Azoospermia. Doctor suggested to do testicular biopsy. The results showed maturation arrest. Do you have treatment for Azoospermia due to maturation arrest (upto Primary spermatocyte) ? Please help us..,Please mail me if you need additional details..,
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no treatment for azoospermia.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Azoospermia revealed on semen analysis .

Further study like Testicular Biopsy revealed maturation arrest suggesting that there is no production of sperms by testicles.

Unfortunately there is no medicine that can stimulate spermatogenesis.(Production of Sperms)

You have to accept the reality with courage and consult qualified infertility specialist to explore the possibility of pregnancy with sperm donation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.

Follow-up: Testicular biopsy showed maturation arrest. What is the treatment for Azoospermia due to maturation arrest? 12 hours later
Dear Dr,

Thank you the immediate response.

I would like to ask you few more questions.

Why is the Sperm prodcution stopped..Is this due to any hormonal imbalance or genetic fator which is stopping it., Is there any way to identify the cause for this ?

I read the following from google. However, I'm not sure whether its right. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

- Multivitamin and micronutrient supplemnt can induce sperm production

- Can retrieve the unmatured Sperm from testis and grow in test-tube. Then once its ready for reproduction, Pregnancy can be achieved thru ICSI.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
No medications that can stimulate sperm production

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
It is to to congenital defect and there are no test that can find out the cause of for this.

No vitamins a or micro-nutrients can induce sperm production.

It requires sperms with normal morphology and active motility for ICSI so no one will attempt ICSI..

Thanks and Regards.