Testicle upside down, epididymis loosened, swelling of scrotum

Today after a shower and intense running I realized that my testicle is laying upside down. My epididymis seems missing or loosen with slight swelling of the right sight of the scrotum
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

What you seems to be having could be due infection of testis or torsion of testis.

Please try to feel testis. Normally you should be able to feel it without any difficulty and a tube like structure that is epididymis from its head. Please also look for any pain that you have while doing this or even without touching it.

Presence of pain along with swelling in testis is suggestive of infection or trauma to testis. The rotation as you said that you have is normally not possible without major trauma.

In case of confusion it is better to visit a doctor as it requires evaluation to come to a diagnosis and to treat accordingly.

Infection of testis is a not a major issue,you will need a course of antibiotics for same. In either case you need to visit a doctor.

In mean time, take analgesic for pain if you have, avoid wearing tight fitting clothes.

I hope this answers your query, In case of any doubts, I am available for follow up.