Testicle pain, warmth, sweat in groin, negative for UTI, diabetes and lumps. Any ideas?

For the last three months i have had some issues in the groin area.
To list,
Ive been experience a dull pain in my left testicle perhaps on and off a couple of times a week
Have also had increased warmth & sweaty in the groin area to the point where my boxers become wet after a couple of hours.
Went to my GP and they tested me for UTI and diabetes and also checked for lumps and all came back clear.

The thing that is annoying is the increased sweat, any ideas Doctor?

Many thanks
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
A dull pain in the testis along with an increased sweating localized to the groin only is likely to be due to a localized inflammation in the area.
The most probable cause can be-
1. Epididymitis- Inflammation of epididymis.The most common cause of epididymitis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) such as gonorrhea or chlamydia. This can be ruled out on an ultrasound scan.
2.Orchitis (inflammation of the testicle): This inflammatory condition of the testicle generally occurs because of an infectious process. Antibiotics are needed for the treatment.
You need to consult your physician for the investigations required and a course of broad spectrum antibiotics.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Testicle pain, warmth, sweat in groin, negative for UTI, diabetes and lumps. Any ideas? 10 hours later
Many thanks for the reply.

When i had the urine test when i went to the doctors initially would they have checked for STDs?

How long do STDs stay in your body, the last time i have unprotected sex was about 4 years ago and never had a test.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Tests for STDs are not done in all the cases of a suspected urinary infection.
Since you had last unprotected sex 4 years ago, STDs are ruled out as they are not likely to be asymptomatic for so long.
You can have a broad spectrum antibiotic to treat any possible infections in the area.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.